Sunday, 30 January 2011
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
And mine is Red Riding Hood.
I love the fabric even though as a little girl (and even now) I found the story highly suspicious with all the "little girls shouldn't strike out alone in the woods or the wolf will get them and they'll need a big man with a big axe (yeah, right) to save them" nonsense.
I was an early developer as a feminist, clearly!
Maybe I love this fabric because she is looking at that wolf as though she's about to slap him on the nose and tell him to behave himself!
Friday, 21 January 2011
Then we larked about on the beach.
I have seen seals off this beach and love it here.
This day we saw all of six other people.
Bliss is a wooden dragon ride with a view ...
Thanks for all your positive comments about the pump arriving.
We got all excited, took photos and then saw the size of the manual.
It's now all back in its box waiting for training day.
I will look at the manual before that but it feels like being given a space ship and a manual and being left to work it out.
I know, from my years as a teacher, that I am intrinsically a team player.
I like to discuss and confirm and learn best that way.
Bring on the training!
Back very soon with crafty updates.
I've been sewing and have even been knitting cables, yes, cables baby!
Thursday, 20 January 2011
Just have to wait for the training sessions to come up at the hospital now.
Am nervous and excited but, really, how hard can it be?
I bet it'll be like a balmy day out on the coast off California watching whales.
Oh, wait a minute .........
Thursday, 13 January 2011
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Anyone new to this blog or just passing through might not know about this second item. The previous posts might help.
Monday, 10 January 2011
Sunday, 9 January 2011
Another great puddle awaiting its fate from the Boy Wonder.
The hills are alive with the sound of stomping.
Wednesday, 5 January 2011
Saturday, 1 January 2011
There will be more
- knitting and a mastering (or should that be mistressing) of cables
- sewing (of our own clothes)
- learning new things (crochet for starters)
- planting veggies in the garden and eating them (that means you too, Frankie Boy)
- trips (to the Isle of Mull, the Cotswolds, Finland, the beach (lots) and Dorset are being planned)
- exercise & fresh air
- embracing of the moment
- music in our lives, both live and just around us at home
- locally sourced food on our plates
- blogging and photos
- comments on blogs and yet no guilt if I don't find the time
- sleep ( a girl can dream ...)
There will be less
- screen time
- worry about what others think
- fear of the future
- "responsibly sourced Madagascan prawns" on our plates (oh, yes, I fell for this one a month ago and hubby is still laughing at me!)
- time spent with people that don't sustain me or "get it" with regard to the D
Are you planning more or less of anything this year?
Happy 2011 and I look forward to sharing this year with you.
My husband posted this the other day (it's a friend of his) and I wanted to share it with you today, at the beginning of a new year.
It's raw beauty brings me to tears and it feels such a privilege to hear it each and every time.