Thursday 15 December 2011

In these days of long shadows


We are busy busy, busy preparing for a season of gift giving: making cards, writing gift tags, making Christmas treasure hunts, knitting, reading recipes and making choices, baking and general elving.
A few days ago Frank and I went to Frinton for fresh air and a race on the beach (he always wins, but only because I cry less at losing!) followed by fish & chips and a great score of a Scooby Doo puzzle in a charity shop.
It was blissful.
Blue, blue sky and just me and my boy on that beach.


It makes me happy, this stretch of coast. Always.



And then we stay home a lot too; making things, crafting, elving and baking.

I took this picture as a way of telling the tale of how I reached without looking for my coffee and nearly took a swig of a bowl of beads today!
They actually had to touch my lips before I realised it wasn't my drink.
Must use my eyes next time.
And more elving, preceded by a fun afternoon decorating the ginger biscuits we made in the morning.
Oh yes, we had fun with that one!


Hope you are enjoying your winter too!

And take note: these biscuits are NOT BURNT.
Neither are they strangely blue!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks like you're having a wonderful time.

    I've done that with the not-coffee before! (jar of paint!)

    I love the "Frank elving" sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. general elving! fantastic! loooove the pics, thanks for these snapshots into your lovely life, the one of frank on his bike in front of those colorful beach houses is my fave.

    also, your post title made me think of that song by josh ritter, do you know him? he had a contest last year asking people to make a video for that song and i did with my kid and her friends. enjoy: http://vimeo.com/15699057

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! Happy Holidays to all of you, my cyber-friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful ways to while away winter days! ;)

    ReplyDelete