Wednesday 12 January 2011

Some (Christmas, ahem) knitting finished

Yesterday saw me completing two knitting projects.
Frank's sheep jumper that was intended to be opened Christmas Day but I just ran out of time. I made a real mess of the sheep (think knitting road kill) first time and as anyone that knits knows, unless you are sending the item a long way away, those mistakes will annoy you and you will focus on them every time you see them. So, I ripped the bottom half of the jumper out and did the sheep again.
Laughingly, and in spite of being a whizz at carb counting, the sheep ended up on the other side on the second go! I couldn't work out the pattern upside down without the reversal, it seems. How dim-witted am I?! Here is the boy himself.
I asked him to try it on today for a photo and he said it felt lovely and warm and kept it on all day.
A thumbs up indeed.
And I had to add this weird, kind of Karate Kid pose.
No idea what he was thinking but you can see the sheep better.
And I also completed my FGM item as we meet up to hand in our "homework" tomorrow evening at The Fat Cat.
Hope that guy is there again, but I imagine he has emigrated by now!
This was knitted in one hour in front of the "Eat Pray Love" DVD lent to me by a friend. Always good to see Javier Bardem.

Anyone new to this blog or just passing through might not know about this second item. The previous posts might help.
It's a serious issue and one I feel strongly about but I don't feel my blog is the forum to go into a huge amount of detail.
If you are interested in finding out more look for the crafting group called "Stitch This" on facebook and check out wikipedia.

5 comments:

  1. You are so talented!
    Frank is so cute!
    And I'm bummed that I didn't get the apple butter. Oh well, better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie and what a knitter! Love the sheepy animal thing, that's what I will call it! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the FGM homework piece is great Jules! I am amazed by you and all of your craftiness. And...could Frank be any cuter in that comfy cozy sheepy sweater?! NO, I don't think so. He is the cutest.

    Let us know if the guy shows up at the bar. I cannot wait to hear about his reaction to this meet up. You guys may send him over the edge - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules - what a fantastic sweater! I so wish I could knit..well maybe I could I just haven't tried. Come to Seattle and teach me ok?! Your FGM project is pretty awesome as well...nice work!

    ReplyDelete