Wednesday 8 February 2012

snow :: favourite gloves :: sweet days

Our garden still looks like this! It's so clean and fresh and I love it.
Frank and I have been very conscious of putting out fresh food for the birds these past days, even more so than usual.
And we have been rewarded with so many garden birds popping by to cheer our days.
So much so that we have taken to recording them in a little notebook, and indeed Frank has taken to shouting "Muuuuuum! Biiiiiiird!!!" at the top of his voice every time he sees one and I am not with him.
I love to knit but gloves, with fingers and all that jazz, have never called to me.
Mittens, I might well go for soon.
Socks too.
So, these beautiful teal-coloured gloves are my favourite this Winter.
I tend to have a new pair each Winter as inevitably one is lost each season.
These are from a fab shop in Frinton called "Great Danes", full of Danish and Scandinavian designs.
I am a sucker for Scandinavian stuff.

And Frank and I have been watercolouring crazy these cold, snowy days.
I got a set of watercolour postcards for Christmas and we use those to drew our own mandalas and pictures that we then paint.
I love this photo for the concentration on Frank's face.
Oh, and the Moomin's bottom mooning at the camera!!
**************************************
I will, I promise, post about the lovely Wholefood Workshop that we started on Monday but we are dealing with some family issues at present and time is short for writing.
Andrew's Mum is needing to go into respite care as she isn't well at the moment.
Andrew has found a really lovely place, close to us, and we hope she will be cared for and actually enjoy a change of scene and some new company.




5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your mother-in-law is having a hard time. I hope she'll love the new place and its proximity to you!

    Also wanted to say what a lovely little art-full spot Frank is working in! Looks so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just got our first snow of the year here, which is unheard of! love the color of those gloves! and watercolor madalas, what a wonderful way to pass the snowy days! :)

    all the best to you and andrew for a smooth transition for his mum. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like our garden!! Would you like some more snow , sure we can send some your way?!!! Remember to tuck the tubing in - no frozen insulin please.....Hope all works out with the family stuff soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I hope you get her settled soon....and the snow fall is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things are going well with your mother-in-law and you are able to keep enjoying all those sweet moments of artistic creation together. Enjoy today :)

    ReplyDelete