Sunday 22 November 2009

A Chocolate Tutorial or Gone in 60 Seconds

A recipe from my lovely friend and all-round guru, Fiona, has become a firm favourite in this house.
We love our dark chocolate and even the littlest one is allowed it. I won't let him have milk chocolate whilst I can wield any control over his diet as I can argue that he at least gets iron with the dark stuff.
I apologise for the hazy pictures but I am still grapppling with my camera.
We start by melting some dark chocolate (at least 70%) in a mug. I do this in the microwave but over a bowl of steaming hot water is good too. To this add some extra-virgin coconut oil, a teaspon or two is enough to add gloss and nutrition, and mix it in. Then I added about four drops of essential lemon oil. Orange works well too. Just chocolate flavour is also divine, needless to say.
Stir and then mix in enough sunflower seeds that they are all coated.
Drop teaspoons of the mixture onto baking paper and leave to cool. When set they can be stored in the fridge or the freezer.
To eat them merely apply the necessary quantity to your face!

As Frank would say: Yummy Yummy in my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment