Saturday 10 October 2009

The Needles and the Damage Done

Alexandra Palace in Muswell Hill is an amazing building and warrants the americanism "awesome". Today I visited for the first time with two friends from the Knit and Natter group for the annual Knit and Stitch Show as managed by twistedthread.
There were hundreds of stands and thousands of women in the building, along with around four men.

We arrived and sat sipping coffee whilst looking at the programme and then headed off in three different directions to frolic amongst the fibres.
Yikes, it was good.

My head was spinning after an embarrassingly short time and I realised it was because I was unused to being alone and actually able to concentrate on the task at hand. Normally I am watching a three year old out of the corner of one eye.
The creative ideas just had me so excited and damage was done to my stash of cash alarmingly quickly. Some of it was a bit cutesy and twee but each to their own and the great majority of stands had a fantastic range of items on offer.

I can't wait to get started on these projects and will detail them here as they progress.

This fabric, for example, is going to become a hanging for our bedroom.

Other items are for beaded pulse warmers for me, a skirt, a patchwork blanket (of gorgeous Amy Butler prints) for the lounge, a cushion cover, felt Linzer biscuits for Frank's toy basket and some felted gnomes for the nature table.

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment